General Contract Conditions in accordance with article 1341 of the Italian Civil Code. Conditions governing accommodation agreements between the Youth Hostel, and its guests or customers.
Guests may reserve their accommodation by fax, post or email.
The following information is required to confirm reservation: Name, address, telephone number, dates of arrival and departure, and the number of people in the party.
Once a written booking agreement has been concluded, the reservation becomes binding for both parties.
Payment for the duration of the stay in the Youth Hostel must be made on arrival.
3. Cancellation charges for individual guests and families
Cancellations must be made in writing. The cancellation will only be considered final when the Youth Hostel has received written notification and acknowledged this. The following cancellation charges apply:
- Cancellation 20 to 10 days before arrival: 40% of the total charge
- Cancellation 10 to 3 days before arrival: 60% of the total charge
- Cancellation 3 day before arrival: 80% of the total charge
Should a guest or customer fail to make use of a room he or she has reserved without cancelling the reservation, he or she will be liable for 80% of the total agreed rate for the period in question.
The agreed rate is that price agreed for accommodation, board and any other services.
If not all of the beds that were reserved are either occupied or cancelled, the customer will be liable to pay 80% of the agreed price for each of those beds.
4. Cancellation charges for groups:
A group is defined as a party of people travelling together who are considered to be a single unit by the customer and by the hostel and which comprises at least seven people.
The customer is required to notify the Youth Hostel in writing of the precise number of members of the group at the latest 31 days before their agreed date of arrival.
Cancellations must be made in writing. The cancellation will only be considered final when the Youth Hostel has received written notification and acknowledged this. The following cancellation charges apply in case single members of the group or the complete group cancels the reservation:
- Cancellation at least 90 days before arrival: no charge
- Cancellation 90 to 30 days before arrival: 40% of the total charge
- Cancellation 30 days before arrival: 80% of the total charge
5. Provision in case of a guest or group leaving the hostel before the expected departure date
Should a guest or group leave the hostel before the agreed departure date, then payment must be made in full for those days on which he / she / they stayed at the hostel, plus 80% of the agreed price for the remaining nights’ reserved but unused accommodation and services.